The day after yesterday, we have shared with you some terrible home security news that happened in July daylight hours. After seeing this news, maybe you begin to worry about the security in your home surroundings. How to prevent burglars from breaking into your house? The following precautions may help you in some way.
1. When out in your garden ensure that windows and doors to the front of the house are secure. It only takes a second for someone to get into your home and take things without you noticing. Don’t trust that you will hear someone come in even if you are home but in another room.
2. Ensure that all barbecue and garden equipment and tools are securely locked up in a shed and out of sight. Tools can be used by the potential offender to reach through windows to take valuable items or break in to your home. So, do not leave valuables like wallets, credit cards, iPods, car keys, etc. that can be easily carried away near or within view of an open window or door.
3. Make sure your air conditioner is secured into the window frame and the window is secured from moving up further. A common tactic used by burglars during summer months is to simply push the air conditioner in or open the window wider.
4. Not all burglars work alone. Be aware of a ruse technique used by some burglars during the warm weather months. One suspect will go to the front door and distract you while another enters through an open window or door. Never open your door to a stranger. If someone does come to your door and you are alone be cautious.
5. Consider installing several IP cameras at your gate and in the house respectively. Video recorded by these cameras can contribute largely to the arrestment of the theft.
In one word, do not relax vigilance even if you are stay in the home since the theft is more and more violent nowadays. Wish you have a safe and enjoyable summer season!